This is the web site of the Fayetteville Creative Economy Committee. We are a volunteer group dedicated to helping develop Fayetteville’s creative economy.
The group emerged in 2009 from Mayor Lioneld Jordan’s Fayetteville Forward initiative. CEAG met for the first time in June 2009 and has worked toward “creating economic opportunities for creative people” since that day.
We meet at 6 p.m. each second Thursday at New Design School in Fayetteville. Everyone is invited to attend and participate. We often host a Creative Spirits social meeting for food and drink around 8 p.m. after our regular monthly meeting.
There are no dues required and no membership forms to join CEAG. We only require a creative determination to make Fayetteville a vibrant and artistic community.
We are currently involved in a number of projects:
- Last Night Fayetteville, a New Year’s Eve celebration on the city square
- That Fayetteville Sound, a collaboration with the Fayetteville Public Library to give greater access to local music
- Visual Arts Guide, a brochure of galleries, public art and businesses that sell art, created in collaboration with the Fayetteville Advertising and Promotion Commission. $500 is awarded to an artist or designer whose work is featured in each edition of the brochure.
- Artini Festival, an art festival in conjunction with the Fayetteville Town Center Dec. 1 and 2 with an artful martini tasting
- The Arts Guide, a print guide that catalogs art galleries and public art in our community
For more information contact Christopher Spencer at 479.530.4943 or firstname.lastname@example.org.